Header Ads

Always breakup is not the reason when relationship ends.





Title, itself is justifying what I am going to write but this is my duty for readers to save their valuable time. Please have an overview of my post: Story of 2 guys and one girl, oh not a triangular love story but an emotional drift, madness to meet each other at any cost and how uprising individual careers could act dangerous to devastate a perfect love story. All we would discover here…

Let’s just start this mouth-watering stuff: I am Shubham and Naveen is my maternal uncle who was born 34 years ago; I met him on Rupali’s marriage. 34 years old and he is still single or better unmarried I can say. Why? Only he knows!

I used to meet him every time when I visit them and he never looked happy, yelling with us what he used to do until he is 20. He was the pass out of the best Commerce College in Delhi but what made him that he is earning only 25k from a reputed BPO. These questions always storm my mind and this time (in Rupali’s marriage, Ahh Rupali gave nightmare in my last post) I got some answers to relax my mind from another guy that’s Adi (Adarsh Joshi) Naveen’s best friend from school days and they did their college together too (lucky guys).

Adi is working as CA in a firm and trust me even he agrees that Naveen could have done far better than him. We become friends very easily as we both were looking for a company so that this wedding will go like a flick of an eye. Now he has also stopped enjoying being with Naveen and it is not Adi’s fault.

Night of ladies sangeet.

Night where all pretty girls can feel safe & secure the most than ever coz all gentlemen were watchdogs that night, watching their every move that is too with true sincerity. Me and Adi were least interested coz Prachee (Adi’s wife) was the part of sangeet (poor guy) and I love my Neha (actually I am not able to locate any pretty girl than Neha: P). so we started talking, he was talking about his crushes and affairs where I introduced Neha to him. I asked about Naveen Mamu why he is like a dry coconut (bad joke actually, in fact dry coconut is also very useful). Initially he was not ready to speak about it but I persuaded him a lot and promised not to tell anyone (Sorry Adi this would remain incomplete if it is left unsaid to my readers!).

Adi Started here we go…
Me (now that’s Adi) and Naveen are very good friends, he used to be a champion of Lawn Tennis in school days but ball is always in my court when it comes to studies. Naveen was never interested in studies, he always dreamt of beating Nadal in French open and Federer on Wimbledon’s grass court. Perhaps he could do so coz what I remember is nobody in Tennis had ever troubled him, surely in domestic tournaments!

College days…
I was the boss in studies, my 95.7% awarded me the admission in SRCC Delhi (Top Commerce College in Asia) and Naveen also joined SRCC using sports Quota (one quota which I don’t hate but jealous of who use this!).Surprisingly we were roommates at college hostel, he introduced himself as he used to be a popular mate in school receiving trophies every second day on stage I don’t think he need any introduction but still he gave. Another surprise came when he asked me for introducing myself, I said “Dude I am the topper of this year commerce section 98.7% huh!!” he was least interested except my name and hobbies.

We became very good friends; we were very fond of each other’s talent. I used to teach him for exams and finally Ahh… I learnt holding tennis racket thanks to Naveen, we started hanging out together and life was joyful and awesome till our first year.

1st year gone and the thrilling result day Oh I missed the top position by just one step with 72% but who is the topper and where is Naveen? How can you bunk the judgment day MAN? I was about to find the answer of my first question I heard “Party time Ritu you are the topper yippee!!” I turned back I couldn’t believe Ritu Thappar bombshell of our college who had never got time to look anywhere coz she must be busy all-time with her mirror only, that’s what I perceived about her. But truth was she never got time to realize that she should wear miss India crown then way to Bollywood or find a Richie Rich and marry him believe me beauty and wisdom you will find seldom . I was impressed .So do I (that’s me Shubham)
Prachee disturbed (Prachee you came on wrong time but anyway time to sleep thanks for disturbing)…
“Guy’s sangeet is over now, time to sleep!” then she asked about her dance I mean compliments: P Good job Prachee I said (for not in sight dance) and good night. Adi see you in morning. Sure he replied. Night went in tosses and turns for me where I was only thinking why the serious talent of Naveen never shaped well and Ritu surely will be related to their lives ( Of course Adi didn’t mention about Ritu when I asked about his past girlfriends).Still 1 Ahh God! These winter nights are really too long.
Next morning and I called up Adi for breakfast and of course! What’s next?
Adi started without wasting any minute…

Ritu came to me (That’s Adi again) to fan the flames which she had sparked inside me (Fun could be rather if she was on second place and I am on the TOP!). She asked me about the reason of 92 in accountancy and started discussing question paper (typical competitor huh! Who never forget the question paper until results!!?) But just after this she asked me about Naveen now that’s strange luckily she did not know his name coz he was always absent in lectures or better always busy in tennis court. I told him about his old fashioned name and we together saw his result. 61% not bad for Naveen and I saw him playing tennis in inter college tournaments; he is really impressive she said. I said to myself “Naveen Bhai tera kaam to ban Gaya!” he is genius I replied (formal duty of every friend loll).

I called Naveen, I told him about Ritu was asking about him and then about “Who is Ritu?” (Poor guy! his busy hand never got permission from him to hold any other thing than tennis racket: P) my friend you have got 61% hurray! He said ok we will celebrate and then cut the call. We went to Zee café near our campus and had blast. When I gave him full details about Ritu (You know what I mean) then Naveen went curious to see, I guess to meet her.

Next day, surprise for professor and students Naveen sitting in class but guys he is on mission which he had to postpone because his target was missing that day, I don’t know which mantra she was chanting those days which made Naveen 2 weeks regular student of the class.

Practice days are over now and time to fall in conditional love: I advised Naveen to concentrate on practice coz ‘Indian open’ is near and his ticket to Malaysia. He agreed and warned me to call him as soon as she comes to class. Unluckily on the same day Ritu came and I didn’t inform him. I knew he will be a one of those legends one day and millions of girls like Ritu can only dream him, in short HE IS MY BROTHER. I wasn’t against her but I was thinking about Naveen only.

Next week Naveen came to meet me and we were standing in group where he asked about Ritu “does anyone know why she is not coming” One nerdy guy Tushar replied “Yes in last week on Monday I saw her in math’s class then after never, may be these days she is too busy with her boyfriend ”. Actually she was not having boyfriend those days (sorry for this guy! We assume that all pretty girls are managed to find someone to entertain them). Naveen looked at me and left… I chased him and asked where he started shouting “why didn’t you call me?” .it was so embarrassing there but I controlled his anger and asked him to talk about later in evening. 

In evening I told him because your tournament is coming near and I wanted you to focus on tennis nothing else. “But at least you should have shown Ritu!” he said and left. Next morning in college it was statistics class when Ritu came she was looking damn gorgeous in new avatar with white Chudidaar and pink duppatta and in mid of period shockingly Naveen came (I don’t know who informed him neither I am interested finding).I saw Naveen metal eyes stuck on to magnetic Ritu but Naveen won’t have that courage to approach her I know him. But all my intuition were going wrong that day they talked and it looks that they are equally interested for each other WOW!

Days passed they were become good friend, I had also forgot everything and started yelling with them now we all were very good friends. Ritu’s dad gifted her new red Zen on her 20thbirthday and we celebrated in Fireball at Gurgaon where Naveen first time drunk. Naveen started ignoring practice hours and wandering with Ritu on car became his new hobby, I was worried. 
Naveen still was the best in tennis and I believed this when he won the Indian open and selected for ATP world tour. On his return college awarded him Gems of the college and truly he deserve, me and Ritu were glad having Naveen with us. Naveen took us for Jaipur trip believe me this trip laid a juncture to our lives. Yes Naveen proposed Ritu here.

“Love never improves you. The only thing which it improve is the qualification of being hurt”

True lines to end up the suspense of the story which is just now started by the way she accepted his proposal and they started seeing each other.

The seed of love had just grown into their heart but do they know it will turn into a fruitful tree only when you water it by TIME? They knew it perfectly and I started realizing it when Naveen started postponing our (me and Naveen) every second plan may be because he wanted to give more time to her or rather only to her. Being poor guy I also started looking for other company (Jayesh and Tirumal) but that doesn’t mean Naveen won’t be my best friend anymore it is just a human nature.

Ritu and Naveen became hot topic for discussion in college, where all boys were calling Naveen luckiest guy of the college carrying the award and pretty girlfriend together whereas girls had only one thing to say “Ye ladka to Gaya don’t know why but definitely they are jealous. On 27th June Naveen’s B’day she gifted her new Yamaha bike, I was jealous of Naveen first time in my life but I satisfied myself by saying who will bear these modern girlfriend’s coquette. Naveen’s daily routine had been changed completely and I think hobby too, he love his bike more than his racket now and whenever I asked him about Tennis tournament in Malaysia he had just one answer ”Trophy to apne hai”. God please help this guy one day his coach called me and asked “why he has stopped coming for practice as he informed me he is sick these days but it’s almost 3 weeks man and for tournament only one month is left now”. I promised him to send him immediately once he is fit. 
I called up Ritu and asked her to meet alone and I had to tell her that this is about Naveen our common point of interest; we fixed the meeting in the college next morning 8. I explained her everything the importance of the tournament and his ignorance of practice sessions and boosted her by saying “you are the special one in his life whom he will listen.” Truth was also the same even his parents could be proved ineffective to make him understand. Naveen started going to practice after that day and during those days one peculiar thing I noticed that during night he used to complaint about the coach a lot for e.g. “What does he think of himself sala Bonaa kahin ka?” he knows nothing about tennis “which were not the good signs.

Conditions of love: Time and Emotional drama…..
Naveen wanted to prove everyone wrong, he wanted to prove he is still the best but this anxiety was keeping him tensed, frustrate and annoyed. No rain of calls from Ritu these days may be he was disturbed and wanted some space to think about himself or this tensed situation was causing conflicts between them. I thought better to stay away because Naveen is grown up child now, 6 months old relationship shouldn’t decide his future. Naveen was back into the tennis court this time harder and determined. Where is Ritu now? She was neither around tennis court nor in the class.

I managed to ask Naveen that night (texting vigorously on phone I guess to Ritu). He said “she doesn’t want to be the reason for distraction for her tennis player and she will not come until my tournament starts”. “You mean ONE MONTH??” I asked, yes he replied. Now what to call this true-matured love or Drama?

What I would see from their impeccable care for each other is that they were madly in love. Cut these 6 months and rest before I had never seen Naveen missed out his practice even for a single hour same as Ritu whose day never completes without studying 10 hrs. but they managed to overcome their habits. His entire tennis practice and Mobile stenographer night job lasted for one month and finally Naveen packed up for Malaysia… me and Ritu went to IGI airport to see Naveen departing.

"You know that you are in love when the hardest thing to do is say good-bye!!"

Though it was 40 days trip but tears came out from Naveen eyes when he had to say” Good-bye take care Ritu”. “Anyway don’t worry about her I am here only” I said to Naveen to hurry things up, we hugged and he left. We never thought that on his return things wouldn’t be the same like he is leaving now. Second year results and guess who the topper was? No not me Prachee Narula! This instant I (Shubham) asked “Adi you mean your wife Prachee?” Yes he replied. I started asking innumerable questions about their love story, he promised me to send the email containing this chapter but now only Naveen and Ritu. Ritu didn’t come that day (That’s Adi narrating now) she was nowhere around toppers may be she knew her result already as every student knows not precisely but approx. calculation we always do. I was consistent on my second place.

Afterwards I had never seen Ritu in class or in college; here I had also found one special company Prachee, she used to be an average looking girl, curly hairs, intelligent, down to earth attitude, who have got few proposals only in her entire life but very few or nothing accepted and she seems from a very ordinary family. I had found match of my type. During these days I was not into the reality where there is no news of Ritu my best friend’s girlfriend and no news of Naveen (how is Malaysia?).
Suddenly I woke up and called up Ritu, it remained unanswered; I called up so many times but no reply. I thought maybe she is out somewhere with family, weekend is up now. One day after Naveen called on our Hostel landline he also didn’t know why she was not picking her mobile (forget to mention those days only Ritu were having mobile in the entire class) and he was worried. I asked him about the tournament where he insisted me to go to her place and see, something is wrong definitely. We talked and call ended…  We went (me and Prachee together) to her home and found locked according to the watchman they have gone somewhere a week ago and about their return he doesn’t know. I came back to hostel immediately where Naveen called again. “Hey Naveen I don’t what is happened here, Ritu is absconding with her family.” I said. I was about to ask about his tournament status when he Cut the call by saying “I AM COMING BACK TOMMOROW”.

Next morning headlines published all around the college Naveen backed out!!

"Love makes you foolish. It makes you throw every bit of logic away, do stupid things, dangerous things."

People who are not in love and those in spite being in love pretends like they are the only practical person in the world won’t be able to understand the above lines but the only person who could believe was me, maybe I also fall in above category but Naveen’s act demanded me to believe it.

I saw Naveen in the corridor; he was searching for Ritu just like an Asthmatic searching for his lost inhaler. I went to him along with Prachee “where is Ritu?” I said she is not in college in fact she was not seen in the college since you have gone to Malaysia. Prachee suggested lets go to the principal and ask… We went to principal office where we requested her if she has any news of Ritu. She scolded Naveen a lot for his shameful act and threatened him that his career is over now, “You were not representing college over there you were representing your country INDIA!”  We were quite where Naveen started weeping while saying “Please MAM please tell me about Ritu is she alright? I know I have done a very shameful thing for which I am ready to bear the consequences; I have only very little heart please doesn’t compare it with our great patriotic hero’s”. Principal used to be very affectionate to Naveen and after her sudden calm, what she told about Ritu was impossible for us to assimilate. She said that Ritu is suffering from heart ailments, according to her father during these last 2 3 months he used to hear Ritu crying always, she always had pale face up, lonely and was not having food and sleep properly. “Her father has withdrawn her from the college and they are shifted to the new place. “Did her father asked about Naveen?” me and Prachee asked. No she replied.

Ritu how did you let it happen? You should have told your father regarding you and Naveen? You should have held this till the moment Naveen back? All these questions Ritu had to answer I said leaving principal’s office. Naveen on his knees cursing himself the fool that he had made of himself but this wasn’t sufficient to satisfy self where we need Ritu to do so. Shakespeare said

“True love is very hard to find. A relationship cannot be given the pure study of love if it is not constant and unconditional”

Few days ago I was ready to give their relationship for studying true love but I think few tests they have failed now. Naveen desperately wanted to meet Ritu to know why she had left without calling or meeting him and to show her what he had done for her. We decided to find Ritu from anywhere and search began….. It wasn’t difficult to find Ritu for Naveen and me, Naveen knew some of her relatives who lives in Noida Sec 24 but not the exact address according to Naveen surely they live in some bungalow. I and Naveen divided and asking for Ritu on each bungalow we go, luckily on my 3rd attempt I found her I mean her relatives address. One huge child, around 10 year’s age was playing with football in the garden and from outside I asked showing Ritu’s photograph “Beta do you know her?” he replied “Mausi aaye hai and ran inside the house”. I immediately started calling Naveen and I saw him coming “Dude I think we have found Ritu lets go…” I said to him and pressed the doorbell of the house.

Some lady in thirties opened the door, “Actually we are looking for Ritu do you know where she has gone our college principal had sent us and we are from SRCC “I told her.

Well…Ritu is passed away, she is not anymore
!

Naveen suddenly paralyzed fell on the grass ground outside the door with a bit conscious; I was in SHOCK which the sudden unbearable trauma her statement had caused. I introduced our self where she asked us to come inside the house, Naveen declined her offer and sat in the garden on grass. I asked her how it happened. She said this happened before last week, Ritu from her birth she was suffering from congenital heart defect with a hole in her heart, sometimes her health used to get worse. From past ten years Uncle with his family were living in Canada but due to Ritu they shifted back to India because she was feeling alone and apathetic there; we are having all our dear ones in Delhi only. She was not like an ordinary woman who knows suffering but very delicate to handle. Uncle tried everything to ask what was going with her, why she was upset those days but she never gave any answer. Last Sunday she had got admitted in Bhatra clinic where a sudden heart attack closed her eyes.

Tears were not stopping from my eyes when she was explaining it, but one thing was making me worried will Naveen would endure all this? We know why she used to cry those days; we know why she couldn’t tell her father that she is missing Naveen. Now how can I blame Ritu for Naveen’s failures, she has every right to do it because she owned him by her life.

Me (Now that’s Shubham to Adi) then, where is her parent now, after that they went back to Canada he replied. Trust I had got Goosebumps when I heard this from Adi…

Well Ritu is passed away, she is not anymore
!

This made me believe that everything happens in this world which carries jillion of tales all across. I asked Adi “Now I have got every answer regarding Naveen except how he had taken all this and what exactly he thinks?”

Adi told Naveen hates everything related to tennis; he thinks he could have saved Ritu because Last words of Ritu still wake him up on nights on which I laughed that day, on the day of his departure to Malaysia final words of Ritu…

"I know I would die before you come back because I have done something unhealthy for me. I have dared to give another name to the word Love which starts with ‘N’ and ends with ‘N’"

No comments

Powered by Blogger.